The Rcom mini incubator is a very nice neat and smart incubator, used for rescue situations, for quail and for schools for education purposes. We used to use it as well as we had a small backyard flock and hatched 3 eggs every 6 months , most often of different breeds , so we could enjoy incubation small scale in the city. We retired the lads to the country!
This Rcom 3 incubator was the first to use commercial style electronics in a consumer machine, in its time it was a sensation, sure its small, but not everyone wants heaps of chicks. Plug your incubator into a surge protection power plug/ UPS (uninterrupted power supply) to protect the internal digital parts against power spikes and brown outs.
When incubating, setting and hatching always ensure the incubation room (ambient for the machine) is at a reasonable temperature and humidity, all egg incubator machines operate within a range and outside of that range reults will vary.
- Manual overide allows adjustment of standard temperature if the user requires
- Select Species from Chicken, Duck, Pheasant, Quail, Parrot
- Incubation mode commences automatic turning to suit species selected (adjustable time if other bird selected)
- Humidity is dependent on water level and room humidity (Humidity is not actively controlled)
- Count down feature ceases turning 3 days before hatch day
- Alarm, if the incubator runs out of water, with overfill protection
- Overtemperature alarm.